The Public Relations Office manages Laramie County Community College websites, with support from the Integrated Technology office.
If you notice a broken link or outdated information or would like to add information or photos, please contact the webmaster at email@example.com
. Please include the link to the web page to which you are referring.
The primary goal of the LCCC website is to turn prospective students into students.
The website supports the college's mission through the use of Web technology, enhancing the college's value to its many audiences. These audiences include prospective students, current students, alumni, faculty, staff, the media and the general public.
Specific goals for the LCCC website include:
- Serving as a primary marketing tool to attract prospective students to discovering the benefits of an LCCC education.
- Enhancing the college's Internet presence and broadening recognition of the college in the community, regionally, nationally and globally.
- Informing the public about college programs and services, including campus news and events, in an attractive, consistent and professional manner.
- Enabling all visitors to navigate the LCCC website easily and effectively by providing consistent navigation and logically defined content areas.
Relationship with D2L and EaglesEye
- The website is an e-marketing tool for prospective students. It provides mass communication to a general audience, but also allows for individual communication/collaboration to prospective students who create an account.
- EaglesEye is an intranet for current students and faculty/staff. It allows communication/collaboration among individuals or specific campus groups.
- Desire2Learn is an online learning management system. It allows for communication/collaboration among members of a class.
Content targeted to prospective students. Also a public relations tool to broaden recognition of the college in the community, regionally, nationally and globally.
- Program information, curriculum, courses
- Events, news, RSS
- People and programs spotlights
- Staff directory and bios
- Photo albums
Content targeted to specific groups: current students, adjunct faculty, full-time faculty, staff, administrator, groups and campus committees.
- Document sharing/storage
- Student Services: register, add/drop a class, class schedules, pay for tuition, get final grades, transcripts
Desire2Learn (learning management system)
Content targeted to students and instructors and provides the nuts and bolts of online classes or enhancing a traditional classroom course with online tools.
- Course delivery
- Online discussion
- Assignment submission
- Student’s progress/instructor feedback
- Instruction-based community groups