Apply to the Program
- Apply to LCCC.
- Visit with Financial Aid, as applicable.
- Schedule and complete COMPASS placement tests in the LCCC Exam Lab. COMPASS is the assessment for Math, English and Reading placement.
- Provide an official copy of all past college transcripts to the LCCC Admissions office.
- Complete three KUDER assessments. Go to the Plan Your Health Career Web page, and click on Register to complete the assessments. Please notify the Health Information Technology program by email upon completion of the assessments. Results of the KUDER assessments are factors for acceptance into the program and will be discussed during a consultation.
- Complete and return the HITM application (pdf) to:
ATTN: HITM Program, Health Sciences, 2nd Floor
Laramie County Community College
1400 E College Drive
Cheyenne WY 82007
or by email
*Please complete the application using Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox. Google Chrome isn't compatible with this application document.
7. Consult with the HITM career coach, Anne Siebert by sending an email.
8. Successful applicants will be notified of conditional acceptance by mail within two weeks of completing the application process.
9. Complete and pass a background check and drug screen. Information on completing the background check and drug screen will be sent with the student's acceptance letter. Any associated fees will be the responsibility of the student. Generally, the urine drug test screens for alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs or drugs that impair judgment. Testing positive on the screening, or evidence of tampering with a specimen, will disqualify a student from participating in the program. In addition to drug screening, for the safety of patients and health care workers, child abuse clearance and criminal background checks are required by some agencies prior to a clinical assignment. Certain criminal activity, as evidenced by a criminal background check, also may disqualify a student from clinical participation. For more information, please see the complete Health Sciences and Wellness Division Policy (pdf) for allied health students.