Laramie County Community College, in partnership with the Wyoming Office of Homeland Security, proudly announces the new Homeland Security Scholarship program. This scholarship will fund up to seven eligible students at each Wyoming Community College each semester.
- An eligible student at any Wyoming Community College may take an approved HSEC course (See approved course list below) offered by any Wyoming Community College (online or classroom).
- Upon successful completion of the course, student will be reimbursed for actual expenses directly related to the approved HSEC course – tuition, books, lab fees, or online learning fees.
- Students must submit original receipts for reimbursement.
- An eligible student may receive grant scholarship assistance for more than one approved HSEC course per semester depending on funding availability in any particular semester.
- Students are not required to be Homeland Security majors to apply, however students with declared Homeland Security majors will be given first priority for HSEC scholarship funds.
- A student approved for, and taking, an approved HSEC course under the Homeland Security Scholarship program may not apply for nor receive any duplicate financial assistance from any other source for that course.
- Students must be currently enrolled and in good academic standing at a Wyoming Community College at the time of application.
- Students must currently have a minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA.
- Students must remain in good academic standing and maintain the minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA requirement throughout the semester for which they have applied for scholarship reimbursement.
- Because the assistance to the student is part of a federal grant administered by the Wyoming Office of Homeland Security, students who do not successfully complete the course with a grade of “C” or better will not be eligible under the federal grant for reimbursement of any fees or costs.
- Complete the Scholarship application (pdf). A financial assistance representative from the student’s college will complete the "College Certification” portion of the application.
- Mail or fax to the completed application to:
Laramie County Community College
1400 East College Drive
Room TC 118 - HSEC
Cheyenne, WY 82001
- Wait for results. Students will be notified by mail of the results (initial approval/disapproval) of their application. Students approved will receive complete instructions by mail for completion of the Student Agreement and Reimbursement Request. All required material will be enclosed with the acceptance notification.
- Complete all forms and return to the program manager.
- At the completion of the approved HSEC Course, complete the reimbursement request form (pdf). A financial assistance representative from the student’s college will complete the “College Certification” portion of the reimbursement request.
- Submit the completed reimbursement request, along with all original receipts, to the program manager by the date required on the original Student Agreement.
- A check for eligible reimbursement costs will be sent directly to the student.