Join one of our exciting performance ensembles
- Perform in the Wind Symphony or the Collegiate Chorale; audition for LCCC's premier ensembles, the LCCC Jazz Band, or Vocal Ensemble Cantorei.
- Travel and perform all around the country.
- Gain a rewarding performance experience as they prepare for their education in music.
- Students will develop skills and basic understanding of musical properties such as rhythm, melody, harmony, timbre, texture and form. They will also have opportunities to develop a comprehensive grasp of the interrelationships of these elements as they form a basis for listening, composing and performing.
- LCCC will provide opportunities for taking on a variety of roles such as listener, performer, composer and scholar, and opportunities to respond, interpret, create, analyze and evaluate music.
- Students will acquire a repertory for study that includes various cultures and historical periods.
- These competencies will be developed in traditional courses such as sight-singing, ear-training, harmony, keyboard harmony, composition, or music literature, or in studies combining concepts and skills in varying degrees of integration.
- Students will study the art of performance privately or in classes throughout the time in which they're enrolled. These studies are intended to develop the highest level of performance on the major instrument and also to develop keyboard competencies.
- Essential experiences and goals are the following:
Development of technical skills adequate to meet the needs of artistic self-expression,
Performance of a cross-section of music from the various styles represented in the complete repertory of the particular performance medium,
Ability to read at sight,
Growth in artistry, technical skills, collaborative competence and knowledge of repertory through regular ensemble experiences
Participation in at least one chamber or large ensemble each semester in which the student is enrolled.
- LCCC will provide students with opportunities to develop basic analytical knowledge and skills, including an understanding of music in both its cultural and historical contexts.