Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
After successfully completing the CNA course, the student earns a certificate and is eligible to take the state exam to become a licensed Certified Nurse Assistant. Verification of immunizations and a satisfactory background check is required. Anyone interested in becoming a CNA can take this course.
2014 Summer Sessions in Cheyenne
- HLTK 1510-600 – May 19 - June 13, Mondays through Fridays, 8 a.m.-12 p.m.
40-hour clinicals will be held June 9 - June 13.
- HLTK 1510-601 - June 16 - July 11, Mondays through Fridays, 8 a.m.-12 p.m.
40-hour clinicals will be held July 7 - July 11.
2014 Summer Session in Laramie
- HLTK 1510-360 - June 23 - July 8, Mondays through Thursdays, 8 a.m-12 p.m.
Check the schedule for a mandatory orientation and clinical dates and times
2014 Fall Sessions in Cheyenne
- HLTK 1510-601 – August 26 - October 16, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 8 a.m.-11 a.m.
- HLTK 1510-600 - October 21 - December 9, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 1-5 p.m.
2014 Fall Session in Laramie
- HLTK 1510-360 - September 22 - October 30, Mondays and Thursdays, 2 - 5 p.m. Check the class schedule for clinical hours and a mandatory course orientation. About the Course
Students gain proficiency in basic resident care skills, beginning infection control, communication and interpersonal skills through theory, practice and supervised clinical experience. Students prepare to take the qualifying exam for CNA as an integral part of this course. Nurse aides must be certified to work in health care facilities in Wyoming, and this course is designed to meet OBRA guidelines and follows state-approved curriculum. A 40-hour clinical will be scheduled with the instructor at a local nursing home facility.
Attendance is mandatory. This is a state of Wyoming requirement. Hours that are missed for any reason must be made up with the instructor or the nursing tutor. There are absolutely NO EXCEPTIONS.
For the course:
- Tuition and lab fee: $362 (for Spring 2014)
- Textbook: $78 (new) or $59 (used – when available)
- Uniform: $45
- CPR certification: $50
- TB test: price varies
- Background check: $15-$20
For the Wyoming State Board Exam:
- Application fee: $60
- Criminal background check: $60
- Written and skills exam: $90