2015 Fall Sessions in Cheyenne
- HLTK 1510-600 (Aug. 31 - Oct. 23): Tuesdays and Thursdays, 8 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- Clinicals will be Oct. 10, 11, 17 and 18. Times will be announced in class.
- HLTK 1510-601 (Oct. 26 - Dec. 18): Tuesdays and Thursdays, 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
- Clinicals will be Dec. 5, 6, 12 and 13. Times will be announced in class.
2015 Fall Session in Laramie
- HLTK 1510-360 (Sept. 14 - Dec. 9): Mondays and Thursdays 2 p.m. - 5 p.m. through Oct. 28.
- Clinicals will be Nov. 2 - Dec. 9; Mondays and Thursdays 12 p.m. - 4 p.m.
- There is a mandatory course orientation on Aug. 31 at 2 p.m. in the ACC Lobby.
- For more information regarding the CNA class in Laramie, please call Jessa Novak at 307.772.4253
About the Course
Students gain proficiency in basic resident care skills, beginning infection control, communication and interpersonal skills through theory, practice and supervised clinical experience. Students prepare to take the qualifying exam for CNA as an integral part of this course. Nurse aides must be certified to work in health care facilities in Wyoming, and this course is designed to meet OBRA guidelines and follows state-approved curriculum. A 40-hour clinical will be scheduled with the instructor at a local nursing home facility.
- Tuition and lab fee: $374 (for Fall 2015)
- Textbook: $78 (new) or $59 (used – when available)
- Uniform: $45
- CPR certification: $50
- TB test: price varies
- Background check: $15-$20
- Application fee: $60
- Criminal background check: $60
- Written and skills exam: $90