- HLTK 1510-601 – Aug. 26 - Oct. 16, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 8 a.m.-11 a.m.
- HLTK 1510-600 - Oct. 21 - Dec. 9, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 1 p.m.-5 p.m.
- HLTK 1510-360 - Sept. 22 - Oct. 30, Mondays and Thursdays, 2 p.m.- 5 p.m. Check the class schedule for clinical hours and a mandatory course orientation.
About the Course: Students gain proficiency in basic resident care skills, beginning infection control, communication and interpersonal skills through theory, practice and supervised clinical experience. Students prepare to take the qualifying exam for CNA as an integral part of this course. Nurse aides must be certified to work in health care facilities in Wyoming, and this course is designed to meet OBRA guidelines and follows state-approved curriculum. A 40-hour clinical will be scheduled with the instructor at a local nursing home facility.
- Tuition and lab fee: $374 (for Fall 2014)
- Textbook: $78 (new) or $59 (used – when available)
- Uniform: $45
- CPR certification: $50
- TB test: price varies
- Background check: $15-$20
- Application fee: $60
- Criminal background check: $60
- Written and skills exam: $90