2015 Summer Sessions in Cheyenne
- HLTK 1510-600 (June 1 - June 24): Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, 8 a.m. - noon.
- Clinicals will be June 17, 18, 19, 22 and 23. Times will be announced in class.
- HLTK 1510-601 (June 29 - July 23): Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, 8 a.m. - noon.
- Clinicals will be July 16, 17, 20 and 22. Times will be announced in class.
2015 Summer Session in Laramie
- HLTK 1510-360 (June 1 - Aug. 7): Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, 8 a.m. - noon.
- Check the class schedule for clinical hours and a mandatory course orientation.
About the Course
Students gain proficiency in basic resident care skills, beginning infection control, communication and interpersonal skills through theory, practice and supervised clinical experience. Students prepare to take the qualifying exam for CNA as an integral part of this course. Nurse aides must be certified to work in health care facilities in Wyoming, and this course is designed to meet OBRA guidelines and follows state-approved curriculum. A 40-hour clinical will be scheduled with the instructor at a local nursing home facility.
- Tuition and lab fee: $374 (for Summer 2015)
- Textbook: $78 (new) or $59 (used – when available)
- Uniform: $45
- CPR certification: $50
- TB test: price varies
- Background check: $15-$20
- Application fee: $60
- Criminal background check: $60
- Written and skills exam: $90