TRIO Student Support Services is a federally funded program that provides collaborative and intensive services to empower eligible LCCC students to overcome the social, economic, academic, and situational barriers to obtaining accessible educational opportunities.
- Equal access to education
- Utilizing a strengths-based approach in working with all participants
- Individual, academic, and personal experiences
- Cultural diversity
- Minimizing student debt
- Campus and community collaboration
How We Accomplish Our Mission
We provide collaborative and intensive services to help students identify and overcome educational barriers. These services are available in individual appointments, group trainings or workshops, and through online access. We encourage and empower our students to take ownership of their academic efforts and successes. Our services include:
- Academic advising
- Financial aid advising and application assistance
- Financial literacy
- Personal advising and mentoring
- Linking to applicable resources on campus and within the community
- Facilitation of career exploration through the LCCC Career Center
- Academic skills enhancement
- Transfer assistance
- Academic esteem enhancement
How Students Participate and What They Accomplish
Students meet with their TRIO advisor on a regular basis to monitor and update their Comprehensive Success Plan, which identifies their educational barriers, concerns, goals, and achievements. Students participate in advising sessions, workshops, social or cultural activities, and community service projects. Students are retained at LCCC into their second year at a rate of 55 percent, will graduate at a rate of 27 percent within four years, and will transfer to four-year schools at a rate of 18 percent within four years.
TRIO is funded 100 percent by the US Department of Education under Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 as amended.