Federal Financial Aid
Federal Student Aid is an office of the U.S. Department of Education that works to ensure that all eligible individuals benefit from federal financial assistance—grants, loans and work-study programs—for education beyond high school.
How do I apply for Federal Financial Aid Programs?
- Get your U.S. Department of Education PIN today at www.pin.ed.gov.
- Submit the FAFSA form as soon after Jan. 1 as possible.
Laramie County Community College School Code is 009259.
- Respond promptly to the Department of Education or Laramie County Community College’s request for additional information.
- Complete application for admission at LCCC.
- Complete the appropriate year's Scholarship and Financial Aid application.
- Complete the Loan Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note after you receive an award letter if you are interested in Federal Student Loans.
How do I qualify for Federal Financial Aid Programs?
- Be admitted to and register as a regular student in an approved degree or certificate program.
- Be in good academic standing.
- Make satisfactory academic progress: GPA of 2.0 or above and complete at least 67% of all classes.
- Not be in default on a federal student loan or owe on an overpayment of federal grant.
Federal Financial Program Guide
Federal Financial Aid programs at LCCC include but are not limited to:
|Federal Pell Grant||$976-$5350
2009-2010 academic year
EFC below 4617 - 2009-2010
Undergraduate, first bachelor’s degree
Wyoming resident or non-resident
|Based on financial need using federal formula|
|Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG)||Varies $250-$1,000||Undergraduate students, Wyoming residents, and non-residents||Based on financial need and available funding; highest financial need to financial aid applicants; must have been awarded a Federal Pell Grant|
|Academic Competitiveness Grant (ACG)||Up to $750 for first year students, Up to $1300 for second year students above 30 hours. Second year award recipients must have a 3.0 or better cumulative GPA at 30 hours.||Undergraduate freshman and sophomore students, Wyoming residents and non-residents||Must be a U.S. Citizen, Enrolled full-time by census date in a degree-seeking program.
Federal Pell Grant eligible.
Must also have successfully completed a rigorous high school curriculum, 2005 or later, as defined by the U.S. Department of Education.
|Federal Work-Study Program||Varies depending on need.||Undergraduate freshman and sophomore students.||Based on financial need and available funding. Once need is determined, student must apply for a position through LCCC Human Resources.|
|Stafford Loans||$100 -$3500 for freshmen,
$100 - $4500 for Sophomores
$2000-Unsubsidized for dependent students $6000 Unsubsidized for independent students
|Undergraduate freshman and sophomore students, Wyoming residents and non-residents||Based on financial need using federal formula|
|Parent Plus Loans||Up to Student’s Cost of Attendance||Dependent undergraduate students||The PLUS (Parent) Loan is only offered to parents of dependent students. Only parents or step-parents are eligible to apply for the PLUS loan. Grandparents and other relatives are not eligible.|