Thanks to a new program at Laramie County Community College, students can obtain career training in some of the most in-demand occupations. The ACT (Achieve Career Training) Now! program helps students receive training and earn national certifications in areas such as medical office, petroleum process technology, computer technology and pharmacy technician.
- Most trainings can be completed in six months or less
- Qualified individuals may receive financial support
- Many classes available online and in evenings
A.C.T. Now! programs
Students can visit Course Start Dates
to see application deadlines and when classes start.
Application for credited courses
All credited courses must apply with LCCC Admissions and fill out the Federal Application for Financial Student Aid. Those courses include Health Information Management and Technology, Professional Medical Billers, Electronic Health Records, Surgical Technicians, Registered Nurses, Petroleum Process Technology and Computer Technician/Network Administration with Information Technology.
- Students must apply to LCCC and receive a student ID. Students with questions can contact admissions at 307.778.1357.
- Students must apply for Federal Application for Financial Student Aid (FAFSA), regardless of their eligibility to receive aid. The FAFSA also requires s student to obtain a PIN.
- Students can also visit LCCC's Scholarships page and Allied Health Scholarships page for additional information.
For additional information, students can call 307.772.7351 or email
the A.C.T. Now! office.
Made possible through a grant from the Wyoming Department of Workforce Service. The EFDA # 17.268: This grant is federal funding through the U.S. Department of Labor Employment and Training Administration under contract from the Department of Workforce Services.