Tutoring is FREE for all LCCC students enrolled in one credit hour or more.
Go to myLCCC >> Navigate Student
Using the Learning Commons as your care unit, follow the screens to schedule your appointment.
LCCC tutoring appointment confirmation, cancellation and missed appointment email messages will automatically be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org to your LCCC email account.
Students will play an active role in the learning process
Our tutors happily
Our tutors do not
help you become a more independent student
show you different ways of understanding subject matter
ask relevant questions and guide you as you search for answers
help you organize and focus
use appropriate study strategies to review and learn course materials
proofread, edit, or otherwise check homework for correctness
evaluate or give estimated grades on class work
simply give students correct answers
help students complete quizzes or tests
lecture or teach new class material (Only your instructor can teach his/her class.)
- Tutoring is reserved for currently enrolled LCCC students and UW Outreach students only. Students are expected to adhere to LCCC’s Student Code of Conduct.
- All appointments are scheduled for one-on-one assistance. Small group tutoring sessions can be scheduled by contacting the Learning Commons.
- Students can schedule appointments up to two weeks in advance.
- All visits and appointments are no longer than 45 minutes, starting on the hour. Back-to-back appointments are no longer than 1 hour and 45 minutes, with a short break between appointments.
- Students may schedule no more than two (2) appointments back-to-back per course each week. (For example, a student can schedule math appointments at 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m., but cannot schedule a 3:00 p.m. appointment for math assistance.)
- Students may schedule up to three (3) tutoring appointments each week per course. (For example, a student may schedule three appointments for chemistry, three appointments for economics, and three appointments for writing assistance in the same week.)
- There are no limits on walk-in tutoring sessions. When you arrive, please notify the front desk you would like a walk-in session and for what course. Walk-in sessions may not interrupt or interfere with sessions already in progress. Walk-in sessions depend on availability and demand.
To cancel your appointment, go to myLCCC >> Navigate Student, send an email message to tutorFREELARAMIE, call 307.778.4315, or stop by the Cheyenne or ACC Learning Commons. If possible, please cancel at least 24 hours in advance if you are unable to make your scheduled appointment.
Students who cancel six (6) scheduled appointments may be unable to schedule further appointments for the remainder of that semester. Walk-in sessions may be available to these students, depending on tutor availability.
Appointments canceled 24 hours or more in advance will not count against the student’s six (6) semester cancellations.
Students who miss three (3) or more appointments without cancelling (no-call/no-show) may be unable to schedule further appointments for the remainder of that semester. Walk-in sessions may be available, depending on tutor availability.
Arriving more than 15 minutes late for an appointment without notifying the Learning Commons will count as a missed appointment (no-call/no-show), and that appointment time is released for other students to schedule an appointment. Walk-in sessions may be available at the time of the student’s arrival, depending on tutor availability.
Online tutoring is available with LCCC tutors during open hours.
If you wish to use optional video or audio during your online tutoring session, you will need a microphone and webcam, which can be checked out at the Ludden Library.
- First, schedule a tutoring appointment at myLCCC >> Navigate, and choose the appointment type "Online." You may also contact us to schedule an appointment. You will receive an email message confirming the appointment sent from email@example.com to your LCCC email account.
- Next, watch for a second email containing the URL link to a Zoom meeting.
- Lastly, at the designated appointment time, open the second message and select the link to go to the meeting. You may use video and/or audio from your computer or device, or choose to communicate through text messaging in the Zoom meeting. If you experience any difficulties with online tutoring, please contact us immediately for assistance.
If it's 3 a.m. and you need help, try NetTutor, a free online service that offers tutoring in many subjects, including math, accounting, chemistry, humanities, and more, 24 hours per day, 365 days per year. Access NetTutor from your Canvas account in Help >> Student Resources Site.