United Way of Laramie County and Wyoming Free Tax Service offer free income tax preparation & electronic filing.
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) IRS Certified Volunteers are available to prepare income tax returns at no cost for those taxpayers who do not have the money to pay a paid professional. To qualify for our help, we recommend that the total of your income not be more than approximately $57,000 to $67,000 (for a family of 5).
They are available by appointment only Mondays and Wednesdays from 5 - 7:30 p.m. Jan. 30 - Apr. 12 and Saturdays from 9 - 11:30 a.m. Feb. 4 - Apr. 8 in LCCC's Center for Conferences and Institutes, Room 144. Or do it yourself at: myfreetaxes.com.
To schedule LCCC appointments, call 307.778.8623, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. after Jan. 23, 2023.
Income tax preparation is limited to the following forms and schedules:
- Form 1040
- Schedule A – Itemized Deductions
- Schedule B – Interest
- Schedule C – Limited with Business Expenses $25,000 or less (No losses or employees)
- Schedule D – Limited Capital Gains and Losses
- Schedule E - Limited
- Schedule EIC – Earned Income Credit
- Schedule SE - Self Employment Tax
- Form 2441 – Child Care Expenses
- Form 8812 – Additional Child Tax Credit
- Form 8863 – Education Credits
- Form 8880 – Credit for Qualified Retirement
- Savings Contributions
- Form 8889 (Health Savings Accounts) Limited
Please bring the following information:
- IDENTIFICATION: Photo Id, Social Security Card or Individual Tax Identification number card for each person that will appear on the tax return.
- INCOME DOCUMENTATION: W-2, 1099, interest received, Social Security and any other income received, Form 1095-A for Market Place.
- DEDUCTABLE EXPENSES: Mortgage interest paid, receipts for property taxes, medial expenses, charitable contributions, etc.
- A copy of your 2018 Tax Return