About Dr. Schaffer
Joe Schaffer, Ed.D., serves as the president of Laramie County Community College, Wyoming’s largest community college. Prior to joining LCCC, Dr. Schaffer held many positions at Montana State University-Great Falls, including adjunct faculty, director of outreach, assistant dean of outreach and workforce development and associate dean/chief academic officer. From 2008 to 2012 he served as the campus’ dean and chief executive officer. For more than a decade, Dr. Schaffer also has owned and operated a website design and internet consulting company.
He received his Associate of Arts degree from Bemidji State University, a Bachelor of Science in Recreation Resource Management from The University of Montana, a Master of Science in Technical Communication from Montana Tech and a Doctorate in Educational Leadership from The University of Montana.
- Create and implement a plan to develop LCCC employees, so they can be prepared and ready to step into opportunities of advancement and institutional need.
- Incorporate a compensation analysis component into the LCCC budget development process.
- Develop an Academic Master Plan for LCCC.
- Focus on Increasing Student Enrollment.
- Implement a strategic, objective, and inclusive process for meeting $2.5 million of budget reductions.