About Dr. Schaffer
Joe Schaffer, Ed.D., serves as the President of Laramie County Community College, Wyoming’s largest community college.
Prior to joining LCCC, Dr. Schaffer held many positions at Montana State University-Great Falls, including adjunct faculty, director of outreach, assistant dean of outreach and workforce development, and associate dean/chief academic officer. From 2008 to 2012 he served as the campus’ Dean and Chief Executive Officer. For more than a decade, Dr. Schaffer also has owned and operated a website design and internet consulting company.
He received his Associate of Arts degree from Bemidji State University, a Bachelor of Science in Recreation Resource Management from The University of Montana, a Master of Science in Technical Communication from Montana Tech, and a Doctorate in Educational Leadership from The University of Montana.
Dr. Schaffer is an avid outdoorsman, and enjoys spending time recreating with his wife, Brooke, and two daughters, Samantha and Lia.
View President Schaffer's 2015 Personal Goals.
- Improve Internal Communication and Messaging
- Improve Human Resource Functions and Responsiveness
- Reinvent the College's Program Offerings to be Designed for Student Success
- Continue to Advance the "Building Forward" Facilities Plan
- Develop Mechanisms to Better Implement, Manage and Monitor the Strategic Plan
- Make Substantial Progress on the Assessment of Student Learning
- Implement Methods for Academic and Co-Curricular Program Review
- Continue to Improve and Add Needed Policy and Procedures