About Dr. Schaffer
Joe Schaffer, Ed.D., serves as the president of Laramie County Community College, Wyoming’s largest community college. Prior to joining LCCC, Dr. Schaffer held many positions at Montana State University-Great Falls, including adjunct faculty, director of outreach, assistant dean of outreach and workforce development and associate dean/chief academic officer. From 2008 to 2012 he served as the campus’ dean and chief executive officer. For more than a decade, Dr. Schaffer also has owned and operated a website design and internet consulting company.
He received his Associate of Arts degree from Bemidji State University, a Bachelor of Science in Recreation Resource Management from The University of Montana, a Master of Science in Technical Communication from Montana Tech and a Doctorate in Educational Leadership from The University of Montana.
- Update the Campus Master Plan.
- Develop an LCCC succession planning process.
- Continue to strengthen and improve key student services, with specific focus given to the new LCCC Advising Model and Center.
- Continue to improve communication within the College, specifically focusing on the sustainment of major change efforts (e.g., strategic plan).
- Incorporate a compensation analysis component into the LCCC budget development process.
- Continue to advance articulation agreements with regional institutions.