LCCC presents year-end awards
Cheyenne, Wyo. - As another school year concludes, Laramie County Community College took time to celebrate some of the people who excelled on campus.
The 2017 Jan and W.M. Stalcup Graduate Excellence Award was presented to LCCC student Leif Carpenter. Selected through an extensive nomination process, this award honors an outstanding graduate who has gone above and beyond by engaging in service to LCCC and the Cheyenne community, in addition to their academic success.
The Student Government Association honored four faculty with the LCCC Teaching Excellence Award. Multiple nominations for these awards were received from students, and in a blind scoring process, the SGA members scored each nomination with the help of advisors. Recognized at this year's commencement ceremony, these faculty members also led the graduate processional for their respective schools.
The honorees are:
- Robert McNabb: School of Business, Agriculture & Technical Studies
- Dave Zwonitzer: School of Arts & Humanities
- Starla Mason: School of Health Sciences & Wellness
- Dr. Pam Peters: School of Math & Sciences
Zwonitzer was also named the college's 2017 Excellence Award recipient for NISOD, the National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development. He will represent the college at the NISOD annual conference.
Awards also were presented at the annual employee recognition event. Nominated and voted by peers, these recipients are:
- Deborah Ambroso: Classified Staff of the Year
- Janice Cheever: Professional Staff of the Year and Adjunct Faculty of the Year
- Trent Morrell: Faculty of the Year
In 2017, 42 employees received longevity awards including:
- 25 years: Vito Milatzo
- 20 years: Marvin Jackson, Jackie Kisinger, Ted Wickham
- 15 years: Ken Bunya
- 10 years: Kim Adams, Michele Albert, Herry Andrews, Rob Benning, Suzann Briggs, Terry Cook, Glenn Dorminey, Qing Du, Jason Ficca, Rakhshi Hamid, Lanae McDonald, Damien Kortum, Carleen Piper, Laura Sigsbury, Linda Specht, Bettina Wheeler
- 5 years: Dianne Bath, Cathy Curtis, Bobby Farnes, Austin Mathews, Daniel Maw, Robert McNabb, Seth Robbins, Ginny Ruckman, Joe Schaffer, Marlene Shaw, Jim Slagle, Tammy Stanford, Lisa Trimble, Adrienne Wade
Finally, 16 employees who retired from the college were celebrated for their efforts: Sherry Acheson, Herry Andrews, Burt Davis, Jeri Griego, Mary Henning, Karen Lange, Tim Macnamara, Cindy McCormick, Dean McIntire, Carol Miyake, Larry Pryor, Ginny Ruckman, Deloss Schaefer, Gloria Smith, Martha Thein and Kay Wagner.