Cheyenne, Wyo. - As another school year concludes, Laramie County Community College is celebrating some of the employees who excelled across campus.
The Student Government Association honored four faculty with the LCCC Teaching Excellence Award. Multiple nominations for these awards were received from students, and in a blind scoring process, the SGA members scored each nomination with the help of advisors. Recognized at this year's commencement ceremony, these faculty members also led the graduate processional for their respective schools.
The honorees are:
- Qing Du: School of Math & Sciences
- Carla Ostic: School of Business, Agriculture & Technical Studies
- Crystal Stratton: School of Arts & Humanities
- Adrienne Wade: School of Health Sciences & Wellness
Wade was also named the college's 2019 Excellence Award recipient for NISOD, the National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development. She will represent LCCC at the NISOD annual conference.
Awards also were presented at the annual employee recognition even last week. Nominated and voted by peers, the recipients are:
- Dana McCammon: Classified Staff of the Year
- Josh Thein: Professional Staff of the Year
- Alli McCown: Managerial Staff of the Year
- Michael Kassel: Adjunct Faculty of the Year
- Sue Torney: Faculty of the Year
Six employees who have retired or are retiring from the college were celebrated for their efforts: Luanne Gearhart, Diane Germond, Judy Hay, Marsha McCune, Ann Murray, and Marlene Shaw.
In 2019, a number of employees received longevity awards including:
- 35 years: Michelle Massey
- 30 years: Stacy Shultz-Bisset, Matthew West
- 25 years: Pam DeMartin, Cindy Munoz
- 20 years: Dave Marcum, Rob Van Cleave, Karen Wentroble
- 15 years: Terry Benson, Carolyn Cuestas, Laura McMennamin, Scott Moncrief, Trent Morrell, Lisa Nordyke, Karen Reynolds, Arshi Rizwani-Nisley, Jeff Shmidl
- 10 years: Kari Brown-Herbst, Mark Crase, Bill Gallatin, Laura Hayes, John Schneider, Jacob Sones, Kevin Yarbrough
- Another 33 employees were honored for five years of service.
The LCCC nominees for this year's Wyoming Association of Community College Trustee Awards were also honored:
- Katie Gooch: Classified Employee
- Dorothy Moen: Professional Employee
- Dawn Jung: Faculty Member
- Chelsea Davis-Hearn: Student
- Bradley Barker III: Trustee Leadership
- John Clay: Foundation Volunteer (also named the statewide winner in this category)
Other year-end awards for LCCC employees include:
- Ami Wangeline, Andy McKamey, Mike Kitchen: Office of Student Accommodation Extra Mile Award
- Sarah Hughes, Jenna Kibbon: CARE Team's Above and Beyond Award