LCCC has a strong showing at the Shawn Dubie Memorial rodeo
CHEYENNE, WYO. – Laramie County Community College’s rodeo team opened its season this past weekend, hosting the Shawn Dubie Memorial Rodeo at Frontier Park. This year’s rodeo featured 14 teams from the Central Rocky Mountain Region, with LCCC’s men’s team finishing second and the women’s team taking fifth place.
The Golden Eagles had a successful final day of competition:
- Bernard Girard: first place in steer wrestling
- Chaysn Ystaas and Chance Dermer: first place in team roping
- Chance Dermer: second place in tie down roping
- Sage Miller: fourth in saddle bronc
- Stefan Tonita: fourth in bull riding
- Cauy Pokorny and Bernie Girard: fifth in team roping
- Payton Feyder: sixth in break away
- Sage Miller: seventh in steer wrestling
- Riley Reiss: eighth in steer wrestling
- Hayden Madson: eighth in barrel racing
- Caydee Johnson: twelfth in goat tying
In addition to the event finals, LCCC’s Chance Dermer currently sits at the top of the Men’s All Around with 285 points.
The rodeo teams will continue competition next weekend, Sept. 17-19 in Chadron, Nebraska, at the Chadron State Rodeo, followed by a trip to Sheridan for the Sheridan Rodeo, Sept. 24-26.
For a full list of LCCC’s upcoming rodeo events and team members, visit GoLCCC.com.