LCCC announces first phase of Return to Business plan
CHEYENNE, WYO. – Laramie County Community College has set forth a new plan to establish procedures and standards for operations in light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Phase One of the LCCC Return to Business Plan takes effect June 1 and continues through Aug. 14. The document provides guidance for employees, students, and visitors, and it addresses general guidance for the campus, cleaning and hygiene, social distancing, and health screening and reporting.
Further, it provides specific guidance for course offerings, residence hall access, campus events and public events held on campus, and other guidance necessary to provide the most appropriate functionality for the college.
The complete document is available to view at lccc.wy.edu/COVID. Students, employees, and the community are encouraged to review the detailed plan.
Key points include:
- All courses for the summer 2020 semester will be offered in a virtual format
- The vast majority of the college’s physical operations will remain closed; employees who are able to work from home will continue to do so
- All employees, students, and visitors shall wear a face covering while on campus, especially when social distancing is not possible
- Gatherings of groups of 25 or fewer are permitted in accordance with appropriate guidelines; larger gatherings may be permitted with appropriate approval
- Areas wishing to reopen on a temporary or permanent basis must request formal approval to do so
- Updates and information will continue to be available at lccc.wy.edu/COVID
According to the document, the college’s objective is to establish a structure of protocols that will allow LCCC to return to a state where people can appropriately engage to effectively carry out programs, services and activities necessary to reach the LCCC mission.
The document was compiled by a cross-section of key personnel across LCCC, including members of the Board of Trustees.
Phase Two is scheduled to begin Aug. 15, and Phase Three will launch Jan. 1, 2021.