Due to the rise in Covid-19 cases, and for the safety of health care students and employees, many medical facilities, along with federal policies are mandating the Covid-19 Vaccination, with limited exemptions available for students and employees. Because all clinical hours and/or clinical competencies must be completed to meet program requirements, this means you may be required to receive the Covid-19 vaccination or have an approved exemption on file to enter or progress in the Nursing Program. For additional information regarding these requirements, please see the Health Sciences and Wellness Covid-19 Policy, page 6.
After successfully completing the CNA course, the student earns a certificate and is eligible to take the Red Cross exam to become a licensed Certified Nurse Assistant. Verification of immunizations, CPR certification and a satisfactory background check is required. Anyone interested in becoming a CNA can take this course.
Students must be able to meet the essential functions of a nurse as found on the nursing webpage.
2021-2022 Sessions in Cheyenne
- A CNA class will be scheduled from:
- Jan. 10 - Feb. 14 for the Spring 2022 session
- May 31 - July 1 for the Summer 2022 session
- Aug. 22 - Oct. 3 for the Fall 2022 session
- The course is a hybrid course that consists of online anytime (asynchronous) theory and face-to-face (in-person) lab and clinical.
- For information, contact Dawn Williams at 307.778.1267.
About the Course
Students gain proficiency in basic resident care skills, beginning infection control, communication and interpersonal skills through theory, practice and supervised clinical experience. Students prepare to take the qualifying exam for CNA as an integral part of this course. Nurse aides must be certified to work in health care facilities in Wyoming, and this course is designed to meet OBRA guidelines and follows state-approved curriculum. A 40-hour clinical will be scheduled with the instructor at a local nursing home facility.
- Tuition and Lab Fee: Approximately $448.25
- Textbook/Workbook Bundle: $89.95
- Lab Kit: $116.95
- Shoes: $60.00
- Watch: $15.00
- Scrubs: $60.00
- CPR Certification: $50
- TB Test: Price varies
- Background Check: $15 - $20
- Credit Card Transaction: $5.00
- Application fee: $60
- Criminal background check: $60
- Written and Clinical Exam: $115.00