Apprenticeships and Workforce Development Programs for Employers
About the Programs
Registered apprenticeships are customized to each employer’s needs and specifications. It is not a one size fits all training program but rather the employer’s training program. Apprenticeships can be developed for all industries.
- The length of a Registered Apprenticeship program can vary depending on the employer, complexity of the occupation, industry and the type of program.
- Programs are generally structured with a combination of On the Job Training Hours
and supplemental related classroom instruction.
- The credentials an apprentice earns while enrolled in a registered apprentice are portable and nationally recognized within their industry.
- Related classroom instruction to complement the on the job training that each apprentice receives through their sponsor employer
- Grant writing and management for registered apprenticeship
For more information on developing your own registered apprenticeship program, contact:
Office of Apprenticeship at the US Department of Labor
Additional resource: Department of Labor
Current Registered Apprenticeship Instruction
HVAC and Plumbing
- LCCC utilizes course curriculum developed by the National Center for Construction Education & Research (NCCER)
- Related instruction for these industries is currently four years in length with a
progression of skills and knowledge. The apprenticeship culminates in the apprentice
sitting for the ICC National Standard exam following the completion of their fourth year
of related instruction and completed On the Job Training Hours.
- HVAC and Plumbing Adjunct instructing staff are Journeymen or Masters in their industries
- Credentials gained by apprentices are completely portable and theirs for life
Grant Funding through the State of Wyoming
Wyoming offers a variety of training grants and funding sources to assist business with training and building their workforce.
- Contact the Business Training and Support Unit for a complete list of funding opportunities
and Industries at 307.777.8534 or Dws_wdtf@wyo.gov
Get Started with Your Own Registered Apprenticeship
Learn about Funding Opportunities:
Contact Department of Workforce Services
Build Your Apprenticeship:
Contact Office of Apprenticeship
Implement Your Related Instruction:
Contact the School of Outreach and Workforce Development Christie Goertel