Spring 2024 Commencement Ceremony
If you are a student who is planning to graduate and would like to participate in commencement, here are a few details you should know:
- This year’s commencement will be held at Storey Gymnasium (Storey Gym) at 10 a.m. on Saturday, May 11, 2024.
- The ceremony will be live-streamed and recorded for guests who cannot attend in-person at lccc.wy.edu/grad.
Application for Graduation
- All students completing a credential in Spring 2024 should submit an application for graduation
- Learn how to submit an application for graduation.
- Once the graduation application has been reviewed, students will receive information about how to RSVP to participate in the commencement ceremony.
Reservations and Regalia
- Students who have submitted an application for graduation will receive an RSVP link to reserve their seat in the commencement ceremony once their graduation application is reviewed.
- After students RSVP for the ceremony, they will receive additional information on how to order their regalia (cap and gown)
- Students participating in commencement must have a cap and gown. Graduates earning a Bachelor of Applied Science wear black regalia; all other graduates wear royal blue. The cost for the cap and gown is approximately $40 - $50, depending on when the order is placed and the delivery/shipping option(s).
- Regalia will be available for pickup at the LCCC Bookstore from May 1 to May 10 during normal business hours.
- Military and honor cords will be distributed at the ceremony.
- Phi Theta Kappa stoles may be purchased from Nick Colsch (307.778.1151 or ncolschFREELARAMIE).
- Storey Gym is located at 2811 House Ave., Cheyenne, WY, 82001.
- Students should arrive in regalia no later than 8:30 a.m., and report to the Administration Building across the courtyard from Storey Gym to prepare for the processional.
- Doors to Storey Gym will open at approximately 9 a.m. for guest seating. Guest seating is open, and guest tickets/reservations are not required. There is limited ADA-accessible seating available; guests requiring this seating can request assistance from staff upon arrival.
- Parking is free. Parking lot space may be limited, but there is also plenty of street parking available.
- A reception for graduates and their guests will be held in the courtyard outside of Storey Gym immediately following the ceremony.
Following the Ceremony
- When graduates arrive to check-in for the ceremony, they will provide their information to the photographers, The Grad Team, for official ceremony photos.
- Graduates, sign up and view Commencement photo proofs from The Grad Team. Photos are expected approximately three weeks after the ceremony.
- Graduates do not receive their diplomas at the commencement ceremony. Diplomas will be mailed to the address specified on the student's graduation application approximately four to six weeks after the end of the semester.