Spring 2023 Commencement Ceremony
If you are a student who is planning to graduate and would like to participate in commencement, here are a few details you should know:
- This year’s commencement will be held at Storey Gymnasium (Storey Gym) at 10 a.m. on Saturday, May 13, 2023
- The ceremony will be live-streamed and recorded for guests who cannot attend in-person at lccc.wy.edu/grad.
- Instructions for graduates (PDF)
Application for Graduation
- Students wanting to participate in the commencement ceremony will need to submit an application for graduation, and indicate on the application that they plan to attend the ceremony.
- Learn how to submit an application for graduation.
- Students who already submitted an application for graduation who would like to participate in the commencement ceremony may update their application for Graduation in Self-Service in myLCCC by updating the Commencement Details section of the application.
Reservations and Regalia
- Students who indicate on their application for graduation that they plan to participate in the commencement ceremony will receive an RSVP link to reserve their seat in the ceremony.
- Students who RSVP will receive additional information on how to order their regalia (cap and gown) once their RSVP is confirmed.
- Students participating in commencement must have a cap and gown. Graduates earning a Bachelor of Applied Science wear black regalia; all other graduates wear royal blue. The cost for the cap and gown is approximately $32 - $50, depending on when the order is placed and the delivery/shipping option(s).
- Regalia will be available for pickup at the LCCC Bookstore from May 1 to May 12 during normal business hours.
- Military and honor cords will be distributed at the ceremony.
- Phi Theta Kappa stoles may be purchased from Nick Colsch (307.778.1151 or ncolschFREELARAMIE).
- Storey Gym is located at 2811 House Ave., Cheyenne, WY, 82001.
- Students should arrive in regalia no later than 8:30 a.m., and report to the Administration Building across the courtyard from Storey Gym to prepare for the processional.
- Doors to Storey Gym will open at approximately 9 a.m. for guest seating. Guest seating is open, and guest tickets/reservations are not required. There is limited ADA-accessible seating available; guests requiring this seating can request assistance from staff upon arrival.
- Parking is free. Parking lot space may be limited, but there is also plenty of street parking available.
- A reception for graduates and their guests will be held in the courtyard outside of Storey Gym immediately following the ceremony.
Following the Ceremony
- When graduates arrive to check-in for the ceremony, they will provide their information to the photographers, The Grad Team, for official ceremony photos.
- Graduates, sign up and view Commencement photo proofs from The Grad Team. Photos are expected approximately three weeks after the ceremony.
- Graduates do not receive their diplomas at the commencement ceremony. Diplomas will be mailed to the address specified on the student's graduation application approximately four to six weeks after the end of the semester.